Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Mixon Raising Money To Feed Hungry Children!

Northwestern High School Student Sarah Mixon

A message from Northwestern High School Junior, Sarah Mixon: 

I am participating in Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale.  I have joined thousands of people in helping to make sure that no kid in America grows up hungry.  Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale allows me to make a difference by doing something I love, baking! 
Today, more than 16 million children go to bed hungry and to school without breakfast.  That’s one in five who are without regular nutritious meals and are unable to thrive in school.  Great American Bake Sale supports Share Our Strength, a national organization that works hard to surround kids with the food they need where they learn, live and play.  Share Our Strength helps close gaps between nutritious food programs and families in need.  They help develop lasting solutions for hungry families—the difference between feeding a family tonight and ensuring that they never again have to worry about their next meal.By simply hosting a bake sale, we can support Share Our Strength’s efforts and make a difference.    I have joined the fight against childhood hunger in America! I hope you will join my bake sale, Delicious Delights.  It will be held at The Cotton Factory on Friday, August 17, 2012, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.  Many thanks to The Cotton Factory's Gary Williams for supporting this cause!

To join my bake sale, click the Join Team link on my bake sale webpage  http://join.strength.org/goto/deliciousdelights and complete the online registration.  To achieve bake sale success, there are a variety of jobs with which I will need volunteer help.  These include baking, publicity, running the actual bake sale, taking pictures at the sale, making monetary donations, and purchasing bake sale items at our bake sale.  I would really appreciate your help with the baking and/or buying, but if that is not a possibility, it is still possible to help.  You can donate money online, and that money will be added to the total amount collected from the bake sale.
If you would like to bake something for the sale, I would appreciate donations of cookies, cakes, breads, brownies, cupcakes, cake pops, and any other delicious delight!
If you have any friends, coworkers, or family members who may be interested in helping, please spread the word!  If you are willing to help out, please email me at bmixon@comporium.net and let me know how you'd like to help.
Together we can bake a difference!
Sincerely,
Sarah Mixon
Join thousands of people who are dedicated to ending childhood hunger. Take the No Kid Hungry Pledge today at nokidhungry.org.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Edutopia

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon