- the students and staff at Old Pointe Elementary School on raising $2,400 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Campaign (Pasta for Pennies). In 11 years, Old Pointe has raised over $28,500 under the coordination of Suzanne Dalesandro, counselor.
- fifth-graders at Finley Road Elementary School who toured the Levine Museum in Charlotte on Feb. 21. Principal Chris Roorda received an email from the docent who conducted the tour who said: “I have rarely had the privilege of working with a group of students as intelligent and well-spoken as these fifth-graders. They were engaging, mature, eager, enthusiastic and interactive. In addition, each of the chaperones was wonderful and engaged.”
- the students and staff at Independence Elementary School on raising $4,330.85 for the Pasta for Pennies campaign. Maria Sylvester, a grade 2 teacher, serves as the coordinator of this campaign which helps blood cancer patients live better, longer lives.
- March 14 & 15 – Thoroughly Modern Millie, Junior, will be presented by Saluda Trail Middle School’s related arts department at 7:00 pm in the auditorium. There’ll be singing, tap dancing, comedy and flapper-style costumes in this well-loved musical. Tickets will be $5.
- March 23 – “Jazz Discovery Music Festival” at Northwestern High School
- March 28 – “RAP” Session in Cyber Café, 6:00-7:00 pm, CSI York County
- March 28 – Bullying workshop for parents of children with special needs, 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at Rock Hill City Hall
- April 17 – Deadline for entries by high school students in the 5th District Congressional Art Competition. Go to www.5thdistrictart.com for details.