- National School Library Month and Music in Our Schools Month
- April 13 – Prom Night
- April 14-20 – The Week of the Young Child (great attachments)
- April 16 – Finley Road’s 23rd Annual Spring Music Show, 7 pm in South Pointe Auditorium, directed by Terri Westphal, donations accepted
- April 19 – Kindergarten students at Northside Elementary School of the Arts will present “How Does Your Garden ‘Groove’” in the school cafeteria at 8:30 am.
- April 19 – Free Child Safety Seat Checks, 9 am-1 pm at RH Family Resource Center, 410 E. Black
Friday, April 12, 2013
Rock Hill Schools Update #rockhill #rockhillschools
April: A Month of Celebration
Books for Teachers
The Friends of the York County Library have received a grant from the Renee B. Fisher Foundation to be given to 25 selected public school teachers in each York County school district. Teachers selected will receive a voucher to purchase $25 worth of books and media for their classrooms at the Friends of the York County Library Book Sale April 25-27. Interested teachers should apply ASAP using the attached application form.
Grant for Sunset Park Elementary Summer Reading Program
The Resolute Forest Products (formerly Bowater) charitable giving committee has agreed to support Sunset Park's Summer Reading Program. Assistant Principal Jaime Karner and Reading Recovery Teacher Sally Hartgrove, submitted the request. In addition to contributing $4600,Resolute FP would also like to volunteer as much as possible at the events.
Congratulations to . . .
Old Pointe Elementary’ s "Battle of the Books Team" which was victorious at the district’s third annual competition on March 16 at Independence Elementary School.
Middle-Schoolers Participate in SC Read-In
Middle School students from Dutchman Creek, Rawlinson Road, and Sullivan joined hundreds of students across SC at the State House on April 11 to celebrate reading. The SC Read-In is sponsored by the SC Assn. of School Librarians and the SC State Library.
The Rock Hill High Athletic, Band and Choral Depts. will host Drive 4 UR School on Sat., April 13, from 8 am-3 pm on the school campus. Sponsored by Clinton Family Ford, the fundraiser gives these departments a chance to raise money for their programs by having individuals 18 and older (one per household) test drive a Ford vehicle around a prepared course. In return, Ford will donate $20 to the program or sport of one’s choice.
Week of the Child
Elaine T. Baker
Director of Information Services
Rock Hill Schools
- ► 2014 (65)
- Congrats to Dr. Jeff Venables #rockhill #rockhills...
- Rock Hill School District News For April 24 #rockh...
- TEA Fellows, Winthrop University and Northwestern ...
- Rock Hill School Board April Business Meeting on M...
- Frog Hoppin' Fun Day #comeseeme #rockhill #rockhil...
- Rock Hill Schools News For Wednesday, April 17, 20...
- Rock Hill Chorus on My School Rocks #rockhill #roc...
- Rock Hill School District News #rockhill #rockhill...
- Rock Hill Band of Distinction Golf Tournament #roc...
- Rock Hill Schools Update #rockhill #rockhillschool...
- Trojan Baseball BBQ Sale #rockhill #rockhillschool...
- Rock Hill School Board April Work Session on Monda...
- What is Happening in Education? #rockhill
- Rock Hill Education News #rockhill #rockhillschool...
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies