Tuesday, March 3, 2015
#RHSD3 Teacher a Finalist for State Teacher of the Year
Congratulations to Jeannie Durham, Rock Hill Schools Teacher of the Year, who was named this morning as one of five finalists for the South Carolina Teacher of the Year during a surprise visit by State Superintendent Molly Spearman and Rock Hill Superintendent Kelly Pew. This is the second consecutive year that a Rawlinson Road teacher has been named as a state finalist and the sixth year in the past seven years that a district teacher has been named a finalist. (Two teachers became the State Teacher of the Year.)
Jeannie is an 8th grade science teacher who’s in her 15th year of teaching. She’s been at Rawlinson Road for the past eight years. In her nomination for the state, Principal Jean Dickson stated: “It takes a special person to teach middle-school-age students, and yet Jeannie does it with such grace, style and finesse that she makes it look easy. Her students leave her classroom not only having learned the science curriculum but also knowing that she genuinely cares for and loves them.”
The State Teacher of the Year will be announced at a banquet in Columbia on .
- Rock Hill Bond Vote on May 5, 2015. #rhsd3 #rhsch...
- Oakdale Principal Profiled in U.S. Department of E...
- No Fear Encore! April 10 and 11 #rockhill
- Rock Hill Principal 4A Principal of the Year #rohi...
- Rock Hill Middle School Entrepreneur Competition #...
- #RHSD3 Teacher a Finalist for State Teacher of the...
- ▼ March (6)
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies