Thursday, November 8, 2012
Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, November 8, 2012
From Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
Congratulations to . . .
►Mark Yost and the Northwestern High School Purple Regiment Band on winning the Upper-State Marching Band Championship and placing 3rd in the 4A SC state championship.
►Joe Gulledge and the Rock Hill High Band of Distinction on placing 2nd in the Upper-State Marching Band Championship and 5th in the 4A SC state championship.
►James Turner and the South Pointe High School Band of Thunder on placing 8th in the 3A SC state marching championship.
►Jonathan Hall and the Rock Hill High Chorus which had 18 students to make the S.C. All-state Chorus and five to make the National High School Honor Choir.
►Oakdale Elementary School on collecting 332 non-perishable food items for the Catawba Indian food pantry.
►India Hook Elementary, Sullivan Middle, and South Pointe High, our top recycling schools.
►Beverly Laney and the five members of the South Pointe High School Stallion Corral Concert Choir who made the National High School Honor Choir. The choir has also been invited by the Rock Hill Area Chamber to provide entertainment at its Nov. 16 Education Awards Breakfast.
"Cheer for Children" Event Set for Nov. 10
The annual "Cheer for Children" event will be held at South Pointe High School this Saturday, Nov. 10, from 11:00 a.m.-1 p.m. (doors open at 10:00). The goal of the event, which has been held since 1992, is to empower our youth by giving them hope and inspiring courage. All students and employees throughout the district are invited to participate in lots of singing, dancing, and impersonations. Admission will be one can of food to be donated to either Pilgrim's Inn, the Dorothy Day Soup Kitchen, or Feed the Hungry charities in Rock Hill.
Sign-up Dates for "Toys for Happiness"
ParentSmart at the Rock Hill Family Resource Center will assist eligible parents in signing up for "Toys for Happiness" on Nov. 9 and Nov. 16. Toys for Happiness is a part of the United Way of York County’s Sleigh Bell Network which also includes the Herald’s Empty Stocking Fund, the U.S. Marine Corp’s Toys for Tots, The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree and Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina. Last year more than 3,400 children received toys and their families received hope for better tomorrows
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- High School Graduation Rates
- Rock Hill School District News
- Follow The Best - Lesson in Implementing Digital T...
- Succeeding With Science, Technology and Math Progr...
- Good Advice on Education Technology Implementation...
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting Informatio...
- How Schools Use Social Media
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting on Monday
- Corn Starch and Science
- Rock Hill Hosts Two Football Semifinals on Friday
- Did The Goose Creek Football Program Get Justice?
- Reflections on Digital Education
- Rock Hill School Board Work Session Notes
- Rock Hill Chamber 2012 Education Award Recipients
- Northside Elementary Holiday Concert!
- Northside Elementary - Pirates! The Musical
- It's Official, Hutchinson is Rock Hill's Newest Sc...
- Engaging or Entertaining?
- Share Your IPAD Stories
- Champion For Children - Tuesday
- Rock Hill School Board At-Large Seat Still Not Fin...
- Rosewood Elementary Students Honor Veterans
- Rock Hill To Swear In New Board Members Monday
- Bobby Norwood's Last Day as Rock Hill School Board...
- Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, Novem...
- Did You Guess Correctly?
- Is Education Ready For The Internet?
- Future of Education?
- Electoral College Explained
- Climbing a Mountain at One High School
- 4A High School Football Playoffs Announced
- Northwestern Troubadours in Concert
- Northside Elementary to Present The Jungle Book
- Ideas For Teachers To Communicate with Parents
- ▼ November (34)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies