Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Having an Online Discussion #rhschoolboard #rockhillschools #rockhill

I'm not much of a Twitter user. I repost a few items and try to post my blog there but would consider myself a novice. My use of Twitter changed considerably whey I got an iPad about a year ago. Signing in to Twitter with the Flipboard app made all the difference in the world. Twitter went from a few words per post to pictures, videos, and full posts. It became something similar to reading a magazine. You can also share items by category and have online discussions with people from all over the world. I now realize it as a valuable tool - one that many educators have started using regularly.

If you don't have a Twitter account, you should get one. If you have an iPad and are not using Flipboard, you should at least give it a try. Follow information about iRock and education technology by following the #iRockrh hashtag. Follow Rock Hill School Board articles and information for school boards by following the #rhschoolboard hashtag. Follow #rockhillschools and #rockhill. Check with your favorite school or organization to see if they are using a hashtag. Do an internet search to find out what the best hashtags are for any area of interest you may have.

Let me know what you think - you can also follow me @viningjb  if you'd like.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Edutopia

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon