- Low-skilled, routine jobs in our community will continue to be eliminated due to technology advances and an increased emphasis by industry on high-skilled jobs. How can we make technical careers, including those in manufacturing, more interesting and attractive to students/parents?
- Business and industry often says students coming out of high school are not prepared for the workforce. Exactly how are they are not prepared? What are your specific expectations as far as skill sets and thinking capacities for our graduates to have?
- Academic remediation, for example: reading levels, math skills, comprehension and retention of relevant information, writing and communication, are problem areas for many youth and adults seeking post-secondary education opportunities. How does the need for postsecondary remediation impact higher skill attainment? How do you suggest we improve these levels?
- Refer to "Profile of the SC Graduate" on your table. How can education and business partner to help our students gain these skills? Are there innovative ideas we should employ?
Friday, April 24, 2015
Last Chance for Education and Business Workforce Development Summit #rockhill
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org 981-7702S
Businesses: Please let us know what your business will do (be specific) to impact our future workforce.
- Last Chance for Education and Business Workforce D...
- Science Bowl Games on Comporium Cable Channel 114 ...
- Workforce Development Summit Set For April 30, 201...
- Jeannie Durham, Rock Hill's SC State Teacher of th...
- Rock Hill Elementary Schools in Science Bowl #rhs...
- Rock Hill Schools Bond Referendum Kick-Off This Th...
- ▼ April (6)
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies