Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Perhaps the greatest accomplishment is when a peer gives you a compliment. I found this post on our 2010 State Teacher of the year, Bryan Coburn, on the Rooted in Love website:

With a Greatful Heart....
This post has plagued my mind for quite some time now. Like others, I had a hard time picking just one person or thing that I’m grateful for. Every time I came up with an idea, I would feel like I was leaving somebody or something out. I know, I know…it’s really not that tragic! It’s just a blog post, right?

Last year around this time, I attended a regional forum for district teachers of the year. As the “Former” District Teacher of the Year for my district, I was invited to attend with the current winner. Bryan Coburn, the South Carolina Teacher of the Year at the time, would be leading the forums this year. Bryan had been my “competition” the year before and we became buddies during the various forums and meetings before he won the title and I was looking forward to hearing what he had to say to us (not to mention his amazing dry sense of humor that always had me rolling!)
The wisdom that he gave us that day has given me a new outlook on each day that I wake up here on Earth. The short version of what he talked about: 
     •  Use Mondays to your advantage – we typically dread Mondays, but we shouldn’t. Each Monday gives us a new week in which we have 7 days to make a difference in someone’s life. 
    •  Positive Thinking = Positive Outcomes. We should surround ourselves with positivity.
At this point, you’re probably asking yourself “what in the world does this have to do with A Grateful Heart? And why has Jillian asked this woman to write a blog post?” 
Click here for the rest of her post. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

Edutopia

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon