Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, October 10, 2012
From Elaine Baker, Communications Director, Rock Hill Schools
Tribute to Bob Norwood
Everyone is invited to a drop-in on Monday afternoon, Oct. 22, to honor Bob Norwood, School Board Chairman. Mr. Norwood will retire from the board Nov. 5 following 16 years of service. The drop-in will be held from 4:30-5:30 in the Training Room in the District Office.
"Cheer for Children"
The 20th Annual "Cheer for Children" celebration will be held on Saturday morning, Nov. 10, at South Pointe High School, beginning at 11:00. Open to all students and district employees, the CFC's message of "Pay It Forward" asks and encourages students to take the lead in creating a more caring culture in their school and community. Two of the district's most dedicated supporters, Dr. Winslow and his wife, Glenda, initiated "Cheer for Children" in 1992 to empower our youth by giving them hope and inspiring courage. Please check out http://cheer4children.net/#/cfc-video to see wonderful photos of students and adults who attended last year's event.
Troubadours to Perform at State Conference
The Northwestern Troubadours have been selected to perform at the S. C. Music Educators Conference in Charleston on February 8. The award-winning chorus, directed by Eugene Bumgardner, will perform for music educators from school districts throughout the state.
Blood Drive for Student
Saluda Trail Middle School will host a blood drive on Tuesday, Oct. 23, from 3:30-6:30 in honor of student Emily Elkins who is battling cancer. The drive will be open to the community, and district employees are asked to share information on the drive with family and friends. Donors can sign up by going to www.carolinadonor.org and opening the following links: (1) donate blood and enter sponsor code of Saluda; (2) date or Saluda Trail; and then (3) time for appointment. Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins will be welcomed.
►The Rock Hill High Wrestling Program is inviting everyone to become a member of the newly founded Rock Hill Wrestling Wall of Honor. Members can be former and current wrestlers, families of former and current wrestlers and wrestling fans.
►Northwestern has started a Lacrosse Club. A breakfast will be held on Saturday morning, Oct. 13, from 7:00-10:00 at Applebee's on Dave Lyle Blvd. Tickets can be bought at the door for $6.50.
►An outdoor volleyball tournament, open to everyone, will be held on Saturday, Nov. 3, and two or three member teams are needed. Proceeds will be designated for "Spike Out Diabetes."
Barnes & Noble Educator Appreciation
Barnes & Noble at Carolina Place in Pineville will observe "Educator Appreciation Week" Oct. 14-21 with lots of bargains.
Library Grant for Free Materials
The Friends of the York County Library have received another grant from the Renee B. Fisher Foundation to be given to 25 selected public school teachers in each York County school district. Selected teachers will receive a voucher to purchase $25 worth of books, DVDs and videos for their classrooms at the Friends of the York County Library Book Sale October 25-27.
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- Rock Hill School Board Election
- Who Has The Best State Schools?
- Using Twitter? Check This Out
- York County Rules South Carolina Marching Band Com...
- Design Thinking
- Chinese Classes in Rock Hill Schools by Shawn Cetr...
- School Board Candidate Wayne Wingate on Friday's S...
- What is School For?
- Rock Hill School District Leadership Conference
- Future of Learning?
- School Board Candidate Dan Ballou on Thursday's St...
- A Discussion on Giving a Zero Grade
- Rock Hill Bearcat Volleyball Team Plays Second Pla...
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, Octo...
- School Technology Implementation Comments
- Improving Education With Youtube
- "What We Want For All Children......"
- Former Rock Hill Bearcat Honored by ACC
- Good Advice For Parents
- Forums For Rock Hill School Board Candidates
- School Collaboration Story
- South Pointe Grad Makes Big City News
- 4 Tips For School Administrators
- Rock Hill School District News For Friday, October...
- Great Falls Elementary School Recognized by Micros...
- Try This Pumpkin Trick
- Rock Hill School Board Candidates Rowell and Hutch...
- Andy Explains Bloom's Taxonomy
- Do We Ever Hold Students Back?
- PTA Rap
- Put A Little Science in Your Holloween
- National Math Lab Help
- Physics Lesson
- Millionaire Teacher
- Washing Machines and Reading
- Notes From Rock Hill School Board Work Session
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, Octo...
- School Improvement Council's
- Science Lesson For Today
- Rock Hill Bearcat Graduate Helps NC State Defeat F...
- Cheer For Children Date Set For November 10
- From Norway - Would it Work Here?
- Richland Two to Showcase Technology
- Rock Hill School Board Work Session on October 8
- A Teachers Post
- South Carolina's US History Test
- Banned Website Awareness Day
- High Schools Worth Visiting
- Rock Hill School District News For October 3, 2012...
- South Carolina School Board Association's Legislat...
- 4 Ways to Connect With Parents
- Zero Tolerance in Schools
- What Christionsen Knows About Learning
- ▼ October (53)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies