Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

School Improvement Council's

Michael Lucas has a good post on School Improvement Councils. Click here to visit the site. The post is below:

Monday, October 1, 2012

School Improvement Council Training…


Last Thursday evening I spent some time providing an orientation for representatives from the school improvement councils across the district.  It was a great meeting, and we talked specifically about how SIC members are an important part of the school team.  The key role they play is to improve the local school, and I highlighted roles they play with regard to instruction programs, facilities/operations, teacher quality, and school advocacy.

The Center for Public Education has some great questions on its Data F1rst Site that SIC members should investigate as they work to enhance local school performance.  Here are some of the questions with links to national data:


I extend my best wishes to the SICs, and I hope they’ll contact my office with any questions.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Edutopia

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon