Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Pew, Sharp, Goodwin, and Steele to Talk About Standards Tonight At Winthrop #rhsd3 #winthrop
AAUW to host standards talks
Rock Hill’s chapter of the American Association of University Women is hosting a panel on “changing state education standards and the effects on the district, principals, teachers and students” on Tuesday night.
The panel will be held in Plowden Auditorium at Winthrop University at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
The panel includes Rock Hill school board member Jane Sharp, Rock Hill schools Superintendent Kelly Pew, Sullivan Middle School Principal Shane Goodwin and Dutchman Creek Middle School science teacher Jody Steele.
“We want to make sure the public is informed about the ramifications about the changes to the state standards after putting so much energy into training teachers in the Common Core (state standards),” said Trish Johnson, branch president.
Panels of educators from across the state are rewriting math and language arts standards after the state voted to withdraw from the use of the Common Core standards several months ago.
RACHEL SOUTHMAYD, The Rock Hill Herald
- ▼ September (5)
- ► 2013 (158)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies