Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2007

Farewell Address From The Voice of The Bearcats

Wow, what a sendoff! Never in my wildest imagination (which as many of you
know is pretty wild) could I ever have dreamed a sendoff as the one you gave
Sherry and I this past Friday. It has taken me a couple of days to take it
all in and I'm not done yet. Beginning with the kind words of Lee Bandy this
past Wednesday morning, the numerous emails and phone calls that followed
and then Friday's morning show and the pre-game and football game of that
night it really hit me just how special and wonderful you all truly are to
me. Never in my life, have I ever been put on such a pedestal for just
trying to do a job to the best of my ability as my parents taught my
brothers and I. Then it began to sink in, this was far more than just a job
well done. I actually had an impact on people that I knew and many I'd never
met, not by just being a voice on the radio. To say that I've been blessed
is an understatement in so many ways. The people I've worked with have
continuously lifted and supported me to heights unimaginable. The kindness,
love and support that they and this community have shown me is beyond
measure. I hold and carry each of you in my heart and will carry you
everywhere I go. I've always wondered if I ever made my parents proud. I
think I know now that as they witnessed the events and tributes in their
eldest son's life of this past week, their teachings and guidance were not
in vain. I hope I did them proud. A new set of challenges and adventures
await me now and I promise I will strive for excellence in their pursuit.
These past eight years will be a tough act to follow, but try I will. I
could never have gotten to this point in my life and career without my
beautiful Sherry and all of you. I will continue to try to serve you well. I
will never forget any of you and I promise not to be a stranger to my
adopted hometown of Rock Hill, York County or South Carolina. To the many
friends along the way, the many listeners of the morning show on WRHI and
the countless listeners of the Friday night football, high school basketball
and Winthrop Eagles baseball broadcasts, my success is a tribute and debt to
each and every one of you. I could never have done any of this alone. I will
never forget you. God bless you all, for God and all of you have certainly
blessed me.

The new email address is:

stevenstone1@juno.com

The new residence address is:

Steven & Sherry Stone
3186 Highway 3345
Ezel, KY. 41425

As soon as I know the new phone number at home I will advise.

The new office number is 606-743-1029.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Edutopia

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon