- Approved the administration's recommendations for personnel changes
- Approved a one year contract extension for the Superintendent (until June 30, 2017)
Monday, July 23, 2012
Rock Hill School Board Extends Superintendent's contract
The Rock Hill School Board met on Monday, July 23, 2012 to discuss personnel recommendations and the Superintendents yearly evaluation. In action items, the board voted 6-0 for the following:
Walter Brown was home recovering from surgery and unable to attend. After the vote, the Board Chair, Bob Norwood, read the following statement:
2012 Evaluation of Supt. Lynn P. Moody
Rock Hill Schools
The Board of Trustees of Rock Hill School District Three met this evening to conduct the Superintendent’s annual performance evaluation—a process required by the board’s contract with the Superintendent and district policy.
To accomplish this year’s evaluation, several weeks ago the board asked the superintendent to provide all board members with a written report which included her assessment of the district’s performance in a variety of areas, including the district’s performance as measured against performance goals approved by the board in October 2011. The Superintendent’s report was previously made public.
Each board member was asked to come to an Executive Session discussion focused on the Superintendent’s performance in the 2011-12 school year prepared to comment on the board members’ perception of the district’s performance in light of the Superintendent’s report along with the board members’ individual views concerning the district’s performance.
In summary, the board members are very pleased with Dr. Moody’s performance during the past year, but all board members, as well as the Superintendent, realize there is a need for continuous improvement. Obviously, student academic performance remains the district’s top priority.
The board has asked the Superintendent and her staff to provide the board with proposed goals for the 2012-13 school year, goals which address the most important challenges and needs facing the district. These proposed goals will be discussed at an upcoming board meeting and properly publicized to the community. Such goals will be among the criteria for the Superintendent’s evaluation next year.
To conclude the evaluation process, the board congratulates Dr. Moody on a difficult job well done and has unanimously agreed to extend the Superintendent’s contract an additional year or until June 30, 2017. As provided in the Superintendent’s contract, Dr. Moody will receive the same cost of living increase received by the district’s teachers, which for next year will be two percent.
Robert “Bob” Norwood
Chairman, Board of Trustees
July 23, 2012
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- What is Fire?
- What Not To Do With IPAD Introduction
- Price Shop For School Supplies
- What A Presenter Should Know
- Perils of Social Promotion
- The World Has Changed - Have Schools?
- What Great Teachers Do Different
- The Mooresville Story on 1 to 1 Student Learning
- Rock Hill School Board Extends Superintendent's co...
- A Teacher's Favorite IPAD Apps.
- High School Soccer Programs Might See Talent Drain...
- Old Teacher Training Film on Classroom Management
- Moseley Architects Managing Lesslie Elementary Sch...
- Bubble Science
- High School Senior on TED
- Creativity Takes Time
- SC Department Of Education Issues Drop Out Report
- Rock Hill School Board Takes Money From Reserves T...
- Disrupting The System
- It's About Content!
- 66 Teacher Discounts
- What a Child Prodigy Looks Like
- Tips For Starting Technology in School
- Rock Hill Teachers in China
- New Rock Hill School District Reports Are Out
- 2010 Census Data on Education
- A Message About Public Education
- Students and Technology
- Ron Berger To Speak to Rock Hill School District o...
- Computer-i-tist - For Business and Education
- Closing The Achievement Gap in Canada
- Something To Think About in Public Education
- Rock Hill School District News For Tuesday, July 3...
- Who Is Leading Our Future?
- Nerd Parody of Friday Video
- Free Way For Teachers To Text Class
- ▼ July (36)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies