Tuesday, July 24, 2012
The Mooresville Story on 1 to 1 Student Learning
From the Cisco blog:Click here for a link to the video.
For a shining example of public education in the United States, watch the talk that Dr. Mark Edwards, Superintendent of Mooresville Graded School District in North Carolina, gave at the recent ISTE Conference in San Diego. Yes, Mooresville is a Cisco customer, and yes, how they have used technology to improve student outcomes is big part of their success story (Dr. Edwards has the metrics to prove it). But the real key to their effectiveness as a high-performing public school is the holistic approach they take to educating “every child, every day”, their “can do” attitude, and “culture of caring” that Mark and his team have created at Mooresville.
Watch the video of Dr. Edward’s ISTE presentation — it runs just under an hour and is well worth your time.
Most exciting to me is that so much of Mooresville’s approach is replicable. Dr. Edwards is writing a book and I hope every educator, and prospective educator in the country buys a copy.
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- What is Fire?
- What Not To Do With IPAD Introduction
- Price Shop For School Supplies
- What A Presenter Should Know
- Perils of Social Promotion
- The World Has Changed - Have Schools?
- What Great Teachers Do Different
- The Mooresville Story on 1 to 1 Student Learning
- Rock Hill School Board Extends Superintendent's co...
- A Teacher's Favorite IPAD Apps.
- High School Soccer Programs Might See Talent Drain...
- Old Teacher Training Film on Classroom Management
- Moseley Architects Managing Lesslie Elementary Sch...
- Bubble Science
- High School Senior on TED
- Creativity Takes Time
- SC Department Of Education Issues Drop Out Report
- Rock Hill School Board Takes Money From Reserves T...
- Disrupting The System
- It's About Content!
- 66 Teacher Discounts
- What a Child Prodigy Looks Like
- Tips For Starting Technology in School
- Rock Hill Teachers in China
- New Rock Hill School District Reports Are Out
- 2010 Census Data on Education
- A Message About Public Education
- Students and Technology
- Ron Berger To Speak to Rock Hill School District o...
- Computer-i-tist - For Business and Education
- Closing The Achievement Gap in Canada
- Something To Think About in Public Education
- Rock Hill School District News For Tuesday, July 3...
- Who Is Leading Our Future?
- Nerd Parody of Friday Video
- Free Way For Teachers To Text Class
- ▼ July (36)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies