Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Rock Hill School News #rockhill #rockhillschools
Fish Fry at South Pointe
If you enjoy fish, then South Pointe’s athletic boosters, who are raising money to purchase new equipment, are inviting you to a fish fry onin the school cafeteria between . For info on dining in or taking out.
Support “Terrific Kids” Program
The Boys and Girls Club of York County has a fundraiser planned for, titled “Come to Run, Stay to Play.” It will be held at Winthrop’s Operations Center (349 Columbia Ave.) to benefit the Terrific Kids program, and district employees have a discounted rate. The day will begin with an 8K race followed by a one-mile Fun Run at .
Free Weed-Control Mulch
Rock Hill Public Works will offer free weed-control mulch, good for borders and weed prevention,at the new Vegetation Facility (238 Red River Road) while supplies last. The Public Works staff will be on site 7 am-3 pm on Sept. 13 to load mulch at no charge. Mulch on will be available for self-loading outside the facility in designated areas. (Please do not block drive.)
Quality of Life Forum
The Rock Hill Economic Development "Quality of Life Committee" will host a Community Forum,. at at the Baxter Hood Center on the campus of York Technical College. The forum panel will highlight current opportunities and enhancements to the quality of life in Rock Hill and seek ideas for improvements from those in attendance. The agenda includes remarks from:
►City of Rock Hill – Mayor Doug Echols
►Winthrop University – Kim Keel, Vice President for Development
►Clinton College – President Elaine Copeland
►York Technical College – Dr. Jack Bagwell
►RH Parks and Recreation (Riverwalk, parks and opportunities) – John Taylor
►Downtown East, Knowledge Park – David Lawrence
►Rock Hill Arts Council – Debra Heintz
►Rock Hill Schools (Challenge-Based Learning Showcase of Student Work) – Chris Smith
Elaine T. Baker
Director of Information Services
Rock Hill Schools
- ► 2014 (65)
- Northwestern High School Band Fruit Sale #rockhill...
- Rock Hill Schools Information #rockhill #rockhills...
- Saluda Trail Middle School Selected as Pilot Schoo...
- Rock Hill School Board to Meet Monday #rockhill #r...
- Rock Hill School District News #rockhill #rockhill...
- Rock Hill School News #rockhillschools
- Rock Hill School News #rockhill #rockhillschools
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies