Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Saluda Trail Middle School Selected as Pilot School in TransformSC #rockhill #rockhillschools
Rock Hill Schools
P.O. Drawer 10072
Rock Hill, SC 29731
Telephone 803.981-1000 or Fax 803.981-1094
Elaine Baker, Director of Information Services
For immediate release
September 24, 2013
Saluda Trail Middle School Selected as Pilot School in TransformSC
Rock Hill Schools announced this morning that it will participate in TransformSC, a collaboration of business leaders, educators, parents and students from across the state dedicated to preparing students to succeed in the global, knowledge economy.
TransformSC, an education initiative launched earlier in the year by New Carolina, is helping selected schools by providing support, networking opportunities and advocacy for policies that give schools the flexibility to transition to new classroom strategies.
In Rock Hill Schools, Saluda Trail Middle School has been selected as a TransformSC school. A total of 35 schools and 19 districts statewide have committed to transform public education.
Pamela Lackey, President AT&T South Carolina and TransformSC Co-Chair: “We are thrilled that Rock Hill Schools chose to be involved with our initiative to transform pubic education. Rock Hill Schools brings great commitment and expertise to our statewide effort.”
Mike Brenan, President BB&T and co-chair: “Rock Hill Schools and the other participating districts are on the ground floor of significant innovation. We all are saying that the individual needs of the students are of paramount importance. After high school, they must be prepared for post-high school education and a competitive marketplace. They also must have the tools to practice good citizenship, which employers are demanding.”
TransformSC, a competitiveness initiative of New Carolina, is supported by a consortium of organizations including the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce, South Carolina Association of School Administrators, South Carolina School Boards Association, South Carolina Education oversight Committee, and businesses focused on redesigning public education in South Carolina. TransformSC Schools collaborate to design, launch and foster conditions for new learning models with the goal of dramatically increasing the number of South Carolina students better prepared for careers, college, and citizenship.
About New Carolina
New Carolina, South Carolina’s Council on Competitiveness, is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization that is working to increase South Carolina’s economic competitiveness through a cluster development strategy. Since 2004, New Carolina has been involved in education initiatives such as the Education and Economic Development Act (EEDA), WorkKeysCareerReadiness Certificates, Quick Jobs and Apprenticeship Carolina. For more information, visit www.newcarolina.org.
- ► 2014 (65)
- Northwestern High School Band Fruit Sale #rockhill...
- Rock Hill Schools Information #rockhill #rockhills...
- Saluda Trail Middle School Selected as Pilot Schoo...
- Rock Hill School Board to Meet Monday #rockhill #r...
- Rock Hill School District News #rockhill #rockhill...
- Rock Hill School News #rockhillschools
- Rock Hill School News #rockhill #rockhillschools
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies