Saturday, May 5, 2012
Rock Hill School District News For Saturday, May 5, 2012
From Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
Summer School 2012
Summer school for grades 6-8 will be held at Rebound June 11-28. High school students can take core courses online at their home high school and on their home computer, beginning June 11. Registration dates and other details can be found at http://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/students/summerschool2012.aspx.
►Rock Hill High Band - 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 10, auditorium, free, directed by Joe Gulledge
►Northwestern High Jazz Extravaganza - 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 10, auditorium, donations accepted for Jazz Scholarship fund, directed by Mark Yost
►Izzy's Legacy - 5K walk/run on Saturday, May 12 - Saluda Trail - 9 a.m. - wheelchair and stroller friendly
Isabel Jurado is a student at Mount Holly Elementary School who has Sanfilippo Syndrome, a genetic disorder. The walk/run is an opportunity to celebrate Izzy's life and to raise money for a cure. One can visitwww.isabelfoundation.org for more details.
►Golf Tournament Benefiting Lane Ross - Monday, June 11 - Pinetuck Country Club in Rock Hill
Lane is the son of Kathi Ross, a teacher at Belleview. Lane was hit by a car during spring break and suffered numerous injuries. He's "on the mend" now, but a group of troopers are sponsoring the benefit to help with medical bills.
►Rock Hill High School Band of Distinction Golf Tournament - Tuesday, June 4, Rock Hill County Club
Congratulations to . . .
►John Combs, a science teacher at Rock Hill High, whose student Trace Neal, was awarded 2nd Honorable Mention for his performance on the 2012 Clemson University Biology Merit Exam. Trace's score on the 40-question exam placed him in the top 25 in Division III.
►Air Force Junior ROTC Units at Northwestern, Rock Hill and at South Pointe High Schools on their selection by the Air Force to be designated as Distinguished Units with Merit. This distinction is the highest award possible. Congratulations to COL. Arthur Ahl and CMSGT Johnny Neal (NHS), Major John Murray and MSGT Larry Williams (RHH) and Major Walter Anderson and Sgt. Clarence Woodham (SPHS).
►York Road Elementary School's Destination ImagiNation Team which will compete May 23-27 in the Global DI Tournament at the University of Tennessee. The team won the state championship tournament in March for the second consecutive year.
►South Pointe and Rock Hill High School's Virtual Enterprise teams which competed in the Annual Trade Fair last week in Columbia and won numerous awards. Advisers are Jennifer Molnar, from Rock Hill High, and Robert Hellams, from South Pointe High.
►South Pointe High School's Denise Khaalid and the National Asst. High School Principal of the Year. At the district's drop-in for her yesterday, Toyota rewarded her with a beautiful black 2012 car to use for a year!
Posted by Jim Vining at 2:43 PM
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- Why We Need To Talk About Technology
- Leadership Changes For Rock Hill Schools
- How One School District Explains Technology in The...
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, May ...
- Pat Manis Talks About Summer Reading Program
- Divided Rock Hill School Board Approves Adding Sta...
- Stop playing games
- The Rock Hill Summer Reading Coalition
- Rock Hill Parents Want To Know
- Notice of Presentation of the 2012-13 Rock Hill Sc...
- A Graduation Message
- Rock Hill School District Teacher Response to IPAD...
- Rock Hill School District Draft Budget For 2012-13...
- Another Example of The Flipped Classroom
- Rock Hill School District News For Friday, May 25,...
- Rock Hill Administration To Ask For More Positions...
- Ask Your Principal if Your Child's School is Part ...
- 10 Ideas To Improve Public Education
- Eye Experiments
- Rock Hill School District News For Monday, May 21,...
- It's Not Just Play - It's Learning
- It's In Our DNA
- First Step to 1-1?
- Can Marketing Tips Work For Educators?
- Rock Hill School District Has Large Group of Retir...
- Toyota of Rock Hill Donates $3,500 to ATC's Culina...
- 1-1 Computing - Some Comments
- Rock Hill School District Information For Thursday...
- Work Session Presentations Now on Internet
- Why Technology Requires a Plan
- Grammatical Mistakes
- Rock Hill Teachers To Get IPADS
- Rock Hill School Board Work Session To Be Streamed...
- Why Do Astronauts Float?
- Rock Hill Parents - Are You Ready For One to One C...
- Food Service, Budget, One-to-One Computing on Rock...
- Rock Hill School District News For Friday, May 11,...
- Rock Hill School District Teachers of The Year Ann...
- Rock Hill School District Foundation Grants Announ...
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, May ...
- Science Questin - Where Does Sun's Energy Come Fro...
- The Governor Was In The House - Castle Heights
- End of Year School Performances
- Governor Visiting Castle Heights
- Is It Time For A Community Discussion?
- Rock Hill School District News For Saturday, May 5...
- Lesson One For 21st Century Learner - Search
- Who Is Watching You on the Web?
- Idea For New Driving Test
- Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, May 3...
- Did You Miss The Prom?
- SC Teacher of The Year Announced
- ▼ May (52)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies