Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, May 9, 2012
From Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
■ Northwestern High School Jazz Extravaganza - 7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 10, in the NHS Band Room; directed by Mark Yost; saxophonist Doug Henry featured guest artist; donations welcome for Jazz Scholarship Fund
■ Rawlinson Road Middle School Band - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 15, in auditorium; directed by Michael Skellett; donations welcome
Congratulations to . . .
■Richmond Drive Elem. on raising over $5,000 for the Heifer Project International. The project is dedicated to ending hunger permanently by providing families with livestock and training so that they "can be spared the indignity of depending on others to feed their children." For more information, go to http://www.heifer.org/inside/mission.
■Director Michael Skellett, Elise Archie, Brooke Rice and the Rawlinson Road Middle School Band on placing first at the Festival of Music competition in Myrtle Beach in late April.
■Lisa Kania, choral director at Sullivan Middle School, and her students who recently were selected to All-State Choirs.
■Jennifer Molnar, from Rock Hill High, and Robert Hellams, from South Pointe High, whose Virtual Enterprise teams competed against 20 schools in the Annual Trade Fair in early May and returned to their respective schools with top awards.
■Kenneth Ball and his fifth-graders at Old Pointe Elementary School on becoming the S.C. state winner in the Sumdog Math (online) Competition. Almost 4,000 students statewide competed between May 1-5. Mr. Ball's class answered over 29,000 questions for the highest average of any participating school.
Relay for Life
The American Cancer Society Relay for Life (York County East) will take place on May 18 at Nation Ford High School in Fort Mill. A Luminaria Ceremony will be held to recognize loved ones who are winning the fight against cancer and those who have left us. Thanks to Carie Hucks, asst. principal at Castle Heights Middle School and a volunteer for York County East, Information on purchasing a luminaria is below:
"In the Know"
It is important that district employees know as much as possible about Rock Hill Schools. In addition to all the information that comes from your school or the district office, please check out the district's Facebook page and website (note special tabs at bottom of page). It's true, the amount of information is overwhelming, but you need to be "in the know." And, if there's something on a district level that you want to know, and you can't find it, contact Information Services at 981-1005 or email Ebaker@rhmail.org.
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- Why We Need To Talk About Technology
- Leadership Changes For Rock Hill Schools
- How One School District Explains Technology in The...
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, May ...
- Pat Manis Talks About Summer Reading Program
- Divided Rock Hill School Board Approves Adding Sta...
- Stop playing games
- The Rock Hill Summer Reading Coalition
- Rock Hill Parents Want To Know
- Notice of Presentation of the 2012-13 Rock Hill Sc...
- A Graduation Message
- Rock Hill School District Teacher Response to IPAD...
- Rock Hill School District Draft Budget For 2012-13...
- Another Example of The Flipped Classroom
- Rock Hill School District News For Friday, May 25,...
- Rock Hill Administration To Ask For More Positions...
- Ask Your Principal if Your Child's School is Part ...
- 10 Ideas To Improve Public Education
- Eye Experiments
- Rock Hill School District News For Monday, May 21,...
- It's Not Just Play - It's Learning
- It's In Our DNA
- First Step to 1-1?
- Can Marketing Tips Work For Educators?
- Rock Hill School District Has Large Group of Retir...
- Toyota of Rock Hill Donates $3,500 to ATC's Culina...
- 1-1 Computing - Some Comments
- Rock Hill School District Information For Thursday...
- Work Session Presentations Now on Internet
- Why Technology Requires a Plan
- Grammatical Mistakes
- Rock Hill Teachers To Get IPADS
- Rock Hill School Board Work Session To Be Streamed...
- Why Do Astronauts Float?
- Rock Hill Parents - Are You Ready For One to One C...
- Food Service, Budget, One-to-One Computing on Rock...
- Rock Hill School District News For Friday, May 11,...
- Rock Hill School District Teachers of The Year Ann...
- Rock Hill School District Foundation Grants Announ...
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, May ...
- Science Questin - Where Does Sun's Energy Come Fro...
- The Governor Was In The House - Castle Heights
- End of Year School Performances
- Governor Visiting Castle Heights
- Is It Time For A Community Discussion?
- Rock Hill School District News For Saturday, May 5...
- Lesson One For 21st Century Learner - Search
- Who Is Watching You on the Web?
- Idea For New Driving Test
- Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, May 3...
- Did You Miss The Prom?
- SC Teacher of The Year Announced
- ▼ May (52)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies