Thursday, January 17, 2013
Important Rock Hill School District Weather Information #rockhillschools #rockhill
With the forecast that we might be seeing snow soon, please review the district's policy on inclement weather at http://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/UserFiles/district/Documents/District%20Information/Inclement%20Weather%20Guidelines%20Feb%202011.pdf.
Please note that when schools are to close early, such information will be sent to all schools, as well as posted on the district's website and Facebook pages. When school is delayed or canceled, a message will be posted on the district's website and Facebook pages, AND a "parent link" call will be made to parents and employees around 6:00-6:30 a.m. The district will also contact local news media, but we will first post on our communication links and send out the "parent link" call.
Rock Hill Schools is proud to announce that we have another new author in our midst, and this one is only 10 years old. Taylor-Alexis Barber, a fifth-grade GT (gifted/talented) student at Mount Gallant Elementary, wrote an early reader's book when she was eight. Tales of Riley, the Mouse has now been published and released for sale at most retailers online, including Barnes&Noble, Books A Million and Amazon.
Taylor's proud parents are Twan and Sherille Barber. They are especially complimentary of teacher Chastity Griffin, who, in their words, has taught their daughter dynamic writing skills, and Principal Latoya Dixon, who's given Taylor an "I can do anything" spirit.
Taylor will be a guest on many local radio and television news programs over the next month.
Please remember that Rock Hill Schools has scheduled a Community Forum on iRock on Tuesday evening, January 22, beginning at 6:00 in the District Office Training Room (660 N. Anderson Road).
The meeting will be open to any employee and parents with or without children currently attending our schools. Reservations are not needed.
Congratulations to . . .
■Casey Davis, a grade 5 teacher at Rosewood Elementary, who has been awarded five grants this year totaling $7,450.
■South Pointe High School newspaper adviser, Cindy Koon, whose journalism students won awards in the Fall Excellence in Scholastic Newspaper Award Competition.
■Sullivan Middle School's Resource Officer Mic Kane and Chris McLean, instructional coach, who have received a $5,000 grant from Lowe's to create an outdoor reading patio to be built by members of Officer Kane's Law Enforcement Club.
■South Pointe High School Band of Thunder - Jan. 19 pancake breakfast at FATZ from 8-10 am, $7 for adults and $4 for children
■South Pointe High Stallion Football Committee - Jan. 25 "Friday Night Stampede" dinner & auction in the Laurel Creek Magnolia Room from 6-10 p.m. The "Stampede" will be open to all Stallion supporters over the age of 21. For details, contact Mike Grubb at 803.417-8048 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
■Northwestern High School Trojan Club - Jan. 24 BBQ from 11-2 in F Gym.
■Rock Hill Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. - Annual Valentine Ball on Feb. 15 at the Center for the Arts. Proceeds benefit high school age young men to grow and develop leadership talents. For details, contact email@example.com.
■A RAP session (Raising Awareness of Parents) will be held from 6-7 pm on January 24, in the Sullivan Middle School Auditorium. The session will be open to any interested parent, and the topic will be "Tech Safe Families/Internet & Social Media."
■The Rock Hill Elks Lodge will sponsor a Hoop Shoot/Free Throw Basketball Contest on Sat., Jan. 26, starting at 2 pm for boys and girls ages 8 -13. For details, contact Kenny Martin at 803.493-1780 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Elks Lodge provides personal dictionaries for our grade 3 students and scholarship opportunities for grade 12.
■Barnes&Noble at Carolina Place will have an Educator Appreciation Reception on Jan. 19 from 11-1 and offer lots of discounts on classroom and personal purchases.
Welcome to New Faces in the D.O.
New Energy Manager, Kim Melander (new to district)
New Attendance Supervisor, Susan Murphy (from Rock Hill High)
Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
- ► 2014 (65)
- Trojans on Signing Day #rockhill #rockhillschools
- Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, Janua...
- Rock Hill Herald's Education Reporter is Moving on...
- Rock Hill iRock Critique Teams Start Meeting Thurs...
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting on Monday ...
- Rock Hill School District Foundation Gala #rockhil...
- Rock Hill Schools Update #rockhillschools #rockhil...
- Rock Hill School Employees Receive Grant Money #ro...
- Rock Hill School Employees Being Asked For Calenda...
- Rock Hill Junior Achievement Fundraiser #rockhill ...
- What Should SC Schools Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- #iRockrh Twitter Chats Start Tuesday
- What's Happening in Education #rockhillschools
- #Rockhill #1 Question Winter Newsletter
- #iRockrh Informational Meeting on Tuesday
- Input Needed on Rock Hill School Board Policies #r...
- Important Rock Hill School District Weather Inform...
- Ebinport School Improvement Council up for State A...
- A Must Watch Video
- School Lockdowns #rhschoolboard
- Rock Hill School District News For January 11 #roc...
- Rock Hill School Board January Work Session #rhsch...
- Community Meeting on #iRockrh #rockhill
- iRock Vision Casting #iRockrh #rockhill #rockhills...
- January 8, 2013 Rock Hill School District News #ro...
- A 21st Century Skill or Tool? #rhschoolboard
- What Does a Good School Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- Tour of Space Station
- Do Schools Need Social Media Policies?
- Words To Live By #rhschoolboard
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies