Thursday, January 31, 2013
Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, January 31, 2013 #rockhillschools #rockhill
Congratulations to . . .
Mount Gallant Elementary on its selection as a 2013 S.C. School of Character and now a nominee for National School of Character status. The announcement, made Jan. 30 by the Palmetto Character Council, stated that onlythree schools were selected this year, and that it was rare for a school (Mt. Gallant) to be selected the first time it applied. Hats off to the Mt. Gallant staff, especially Gail Abernethy, school counselor, who wrote and submitted the application.
When Rock Hill Schools was in the process of choosing a new food service provider, the topic of school gardens came up. These would be gardens that would be maintained by students, the district and community volunteers and where healthy food would be planted and cultivated on property adjoining the Applied Technology Center. The first "garden bed" will be planted this Friday, Feb. 1, rain or shine, at 10:15 by students at the ATC and community volunteers. A 4:00 p.m. session will be open to those who cannot attend during school hours. Dr. Martha Edwards, a local pediatrician and volunteer at the Family Resource Center, will join ATC Director Don Gillman as the contacts for this project.
National Board Workshop
For employees interested in National Board, please go to website www.palmettoteachers.org or call 803.256-2065 about a workshop on Feb. 9 in Columbia. This workshop is for teachers who are thinking about or currently renewing their National Board Certification.
ATC Fundraising Efforts
The Future Educators Assn. at the Applied Technology Center will host a "Spirit Night" at Moe's Southwest Grill (near Manchester Cinema) on Feb. 7 from 5-9 pm. The Assn. is also currently selling Krispy Kreme Doughnut cards for $12. The card contains 10 coupons for "buy a dozen doughnuts and get a dozen free." To purchase a card, contact FEA advisor, Leigh Anne Freeman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
- ► 2014 (65)
- Trojans on Signing Day #rockhill #rockhillschools
- Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, Janua...
- Rock Hill Herald's Education Reporter is Moving on...
- Rock Hill iRock Critique Teams Start Meeting Thurs...
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting on Monday ...
- Rock Hill School District Foundation Gala #rockhil...
- Rock Hill Schools Update #rockhillschools #rockhil...
- Rock Hill School Employees Receive Grant Money #ro...
- Rock Hill School Employees Being Asked For Calenda...
- Rock Hill Junior Achievement Fundraiser #rockhill ...
- What Should SC Schools Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- #iRockrh Twitter Chats Start Tuesday
- What's Happening in Education #rockhillschools
- #Rockhill #1 Question Winter Newsletter
- #iRockrh Informational Meeting on Tuesday
- Input Needed on Rock Hill School Board Policies #r...
- Important Rock Hill School District Weather Inform...
- Ebinport School Improvement Council up for State A...
- A Must Watch Video
- School Lockdowns #rhschoolboard
- Rock Hill School District News For January 11 #roc...
- Rock Hill School Board January Work Session #rhsch...
- Community Meeting on #iRockrh #rockhill
- iRock Vision Casting #iRockrh #rockhill #rockhills...
- January 8, 2013 Rock Hill School District News #ro...
- A 21st Century Skill or Tool? #rhschoolboard
- What Does a Good School Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- Tour of Space Station
- Do Schools Need Social Media Policies?
- Words To Live By #rhschoolboard
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies