Friday, January 25, 2013
Rock Hill School Employees Receive Grant Money #rockhillschools #rockhill
Congratulations to the following district employees who have received grants from PPG Industries Fiber Glass Products, Inc., in Chester, SC:
Jacob Moree, Asst. Principal at Old Pointe Elementary
Jacob received two grants in December, each for $1,000. One grant was used to fund Porkchop Productions, a week-long drama residence for fifth-grade students.
The second grant, also received in December, was used to purchase guitar picks, a guitar stand, and 12 guitars to support Chris Morgan's (music teacher) guitar unit. (See above photos.)
Sandra Thompson, Grade 4 Teacher at Ebinport Elementary
Sandra, with the assistance of parent Kelly Scott, submitted the grant application to PPG to request funds to assist in covering the cost of eight Junior Achievement kits for classes to be taught at Ebinport. A grant for $1,000 was awarded on January 14.
Samantha Goodman, Multi-Categorical Exceptional Education Teacher at Saluda Trail Middle
With the assistance of parent Al Reid, Samantha applied for a $1,000 grant to be used to purchase extra bins for recycling and equipment to make it a more efficient process. Students with exceptional learning needs go to each classroom and collect recycling materials such as paper, plastic, aluminum cans and cardboard--helping Saluda Trail to do its part in staying "green."
LaChanda Hare, Grade 8 Science Teacher at Saluda Trail Middle
With the assistance of parent Al Reid, LaChanda received a $3,000 grant to purchase supplies and lab equipment that supports the school's STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering/Math) Program and provides funds for field studies for students.
Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
- ► 2014 (65)
- Trojans on Signing Day #rockhill #rockhillschools
- Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, Janua...
- Rock Hill Herald's Education Reporter is Moving on...
- Rock Hill iRock Critique Teams Start Meeting Thurs...
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting on Monday ...
- Rock Hill School District Foundation Gala #rockhil...
- Rock Hill Schools Update #rockhillschools #rockhil...
- Rock Hill School Employees Receive Grant Money #ro...
- Rock Hill School Employees Being Asked For Calenda...
- Rock Hill Junior Achievement Fundraiser #rockhill ...
- What Should SC Schools Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- #iRockrh Twitter Chats Start Tuesday
- What's Happening in Education #rockhillschools
- #Rockhill #1 Question Winter Newsletter
- #iRockrh Informational Meeting on Tuesday
- Input Needed on Rock Hill School Board Policies #r...
- Important Rock Hill School District Weather Inform...
- Ebinport School Improvement Council up for State A...
- A Must Watch Video
- School Lockdowns #rhschoolboard
- Rock Hill School District News For January 11 #roc...
- Rock Hill School Board January Work Session #rhsch...
- Community Meeting on #iRockrh #rockhill
- iRock Vision Casting #iRockrh #rockhill #rockhills...
- January 8, 2013 Rock Hill School District News #ro...
- A 21st Century Skill or Tool? #rhschoolboard
- What Does a Good School Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- Tour of Space Station
- Do Schools Need Social Media Policies?
- Words To Live By #rhschoolboard
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies