Wednesday, January 9, 2013
January 8, 2013 Rock Hill School District News #rockhill #rockhillschools
Congratulations to . . .
■Nakia Barnes, assistant principal at Mt. Holly Elementary, who is now Dr. Barnes.
■Jonathan Hall, choral music teacher at Rock Hill High, and Tawanda Wells, grade 4 teacher at Lesslie, who are new National Board Certifiers.
The musical theatre at Northwestern High School will present "Pandemonium" at 7 p.m. January 10 and 11. Directed by Tamara Altman, students will perform production numbers from musicals such as "Mary Poppins," "Addams Family," "Wicked," "The Producers," and "Legally Blonde" And, there is no admission!
Community Meeting on iRock
An informational meeting on the district's new iRock academic initiative will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, January 22, in the D.O. Training Room. This meeting is for district employees and anyone who wants the latest information on iRock.
School Choice/Magnet Informational Meeting Dates
(6:30-7:30 p.m. each date)
Saluda Trail Middle (Science/Technology/Engineering/Math or STEM) - January 22 and February 21
Sunset Park Center for Accelerated Studies (Accelerated Studies) - January 24
Oakdale Elementary (Science/Technology/Engineering/Math or STEM) - January 28 and February 25
Richmond Drive Elementary (Foreign Language Immersion) - January 29 and February 11
Sullivan Middle (International Baccalaureate) - January 31 and February 19
The Children's School at Sylvia Circle (Montessori) - February 4
Northside Elementary School of the Arts (The Arts) - February 5
Rosewood Elementary (International Baccalaureate Primary Years) - February 7
Ebinport Elementary (Foreign Language Immersion) - February 12
January 14 Work Session of School Board
The Rock Hill School Board will hold its first work session in 2013 on Monday, January 14, in the district office, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Items on the agenda include reports, with discussion to follow, on iRock, capital needs (media centers, technology, safety), financial audit, school safety and magnet school grant. District employees are invited to attend.
Students of Kelly Chavis at Northwestern - Thank you for your leadership in getting students to prepare over 1,150 cards to send to Newtown, Connecticut.
Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
- ► 2014 (65)
- Trojans on Signing Day #rockhill #rockhillschools
- Rock Hill School District News For Thursday, Janua...
- Rock Hill Herald's Education Reporter is Moving on...
- Rock Hill iRock Critique Teams Start Meeting Thurs...
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting on Monday ...
- Rock Hill School District Foundation Gala #rockhil...
- Rock Hill Schools Update #rockhillschools #rockhil...
- Rock Hill School Employees Receive Grant Money #ro...
- Rock Hill School Employees Being Asked For Calenda...
- Rock Hill Junior Achievement Fundraiser #rockhill ...
- What Should SC Schools Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- #iRockrh Twitter Chats Start Tuesday
- What's Happening in Education #rockhillschools
- #Rockhill #1 Question Winter Newsletter
- #iRockrh Informational Meeting on Tuesday
- Input Needed on Rock Hill School Board Policies #r...
- Important Rock Hill School District Weather Inform...
- Ebinport School Improvement Council up for State A...
- A Must Watch Video
- School Lockdowns #rhschoolboard
- Rock Hill School District News For January 11 #roc...
- Rock Hill School Board January Work Session #rhsch...
- Community Meeting on #iRockrh #rockhill
- iRock Vision Casting #iRockrh #rockhill #rockhills...
- January 8, 2013 Rock Hill School District News #ro...
- A 21st Century Skill or Tool? #rhschoolboard
- What Does a Good School Look Like? #rhschoolboard
- Tour of Space Station
- Do Schools Need Social Media Policies?
- Words To Live By #rhschoolboard
- ▼ January (30)
- ► 2012 (495)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies