ETV_iRock from Christopher Smith on Vimeo.
Click here for a link to the video.
The Rock Hill School District has been working on a plan for a new way to educate children. You can see the plan by clicking here. The next step in our progression for changing the learning involvement will be starting this Thursday when our first two Critique Teams will meet to review what has been done so far. Click here to read a short description about this process. This comes after several community forums.
The Critique teams are made up of stakeholders; parents; teachers and; community leaders and will be able to make improvements to the current plan. The first team meetings have been scheduled as follows:
- Thursday, January 31, 2013, The Teacher Involvment Team will meet from 8:00 am until 1:00 pm in the school district office. This team is chaired by Jeff Venables, current District Three Teacher of the Year, and will include a large cross section of teachers from throughout the district. They will be reviewing all aspects of the plan.
- Thursday, January 31, 2013, The Community Involvement Team will meet from 6:00 pm until 7:30 pm in the \school district office. This team is chaired by Wayne Wingate and will include a cross section of the community. They will be reviewing communications.
- Friday, February 1, 2013, The Finance and Resources Team will meet at The Cotton Factory from 11:30 am until 1:00 pm. This team, chaired by Gary Williams will include a group of area business executives who will look at the financial portion of the plan.
- Wednesday, February 6, 2013, The Learning Team will meet at the school district office from 4:30 pm until 7:00 pm. Mary Chandler will chair the team which will be comprised of parents and teachers who will focus on how the plan relates to common core.
- Thursday, February 7, 2013, The Evaluation Team will meet at the school district office from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm.Dr. Marshall Jones will lead the team of parents and teachers to evaluate measures and expectations for academic achievement.