The Rock Hill School Board will hold its April Work Session on Monday, April 9, 2012, beginning at 5:30 pm at ParentSmart (adjacent to Central Child Development Center on Black Street next to Comporium). The meeting is full of discussions which have been going on for some time.
The administration had indicated possible revisions for Middle School and High School grading to be implemented at the start of the 2012-13 school year. This was stated early in 2011. Secondary grading will be discussed by the Castle Heights and Northwestern High School Principals. South Pointe High School had piloted a grading change for the 2010-11 school year.
Also on the agenda is some closure on several topics related to the way the district handles athletic events and whether booster clubs will be allowed to sell banners at the district stadiums.
The meeting agenda is below:
SCHOOL BOARD WORK SESSION
START: 5:30 p.m.
DATE: April 9, 2012
- Presentation by ParentSmart, Cindy Hunt - 30 minutes
- Audit Information, Elaine Bilton - 10 minutes
- Secondary Grading, Kelly Kane / James Blake - 10 minutes
- Re‐entry for Expelled Students, Luanne Kokolis - 10 minutes
- Policy ADF ‐ School Wellness, Keith Wilks - 15 minutes
- Athletic Ticket Sales, Gold Apple Cards, Booster Banners, Luanne Kokolis - 30 minutes
- Budget Update, Elaine Bilton - 30 minutes
- Use of Facilities Request ‐ World Changers, Brian Vaughan - 5 minutes