Monday, April 16, 2012
Rock Hill School District News For Monday, April 16, 2012
From Elaine T. Baker. Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
"Lady Bearcat" Summer Volleyball Camp
Rock Hill High School, under the direction of P.E. teacher and coach, Cindy Elder, will host a "Lady Bearcat" Summer Volleyball Camp on the mornings of June 11-14. The camp will be for girls ages 10-14.
Summer Camp Fair Set for April 20
The district's Parent Educators and ParentSmart will co-host a Summer Camp Fair for parents on April 20 from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 noon at the Family Resource Center at 410 E. Black Street. Representatives from the following local camps and organizations will provide information: Arts Council of York County, Boys & Girls Clubs of York County, Bethelwoods, Camp Thunderbird, Camp Wildwood, Celebration Cottage, Charlotte Knights, Cultural and Heritage Museums, FCA Power Camp, Manchester Summer Movie Express, R.A.I.S.E., ROAR Sports, Thomas Gymnastics, Westminster Academy of the Arts, Worthy Boys & Girls Camp, YMCA of York County and York County Library.
"Finley's Got Talent"
Students in grades 1-5 at Finley Road Elementary will perform their 22nd Annual Spring Music Show, "Finley's Got Talent," at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 19, in the South Pointe Auditorium. Directed by Terri Westphal, the show will be the school's own take on a reality talent show with the faculty and staff getting into the act. Admission will be free.
Rock Hill High Thespians to Perform "The Election"
Rock Hill High School's Advanced Acting Class, directed by Stephanie Daniels, will present "The Election" by Don Zolidis April 19 and April 20 at 7:30 p.m. in the school auditorium. This new play is a hilarious and timely satire on the contemporary political scene in a high school. RHHS was chosen as the school to perform this play for its Southeastern premiere. Tickets will be $5.
Congratulations to . . .
♦The Children's School on being the recipient of three grants from the PPG Industries Foundation totaling $2,772.
♦Stephon Gilmore, a graduate of South Pointe High School and a talented football player at South Pointe and at the University of South Carolina, who's been invited to the National Football League draft on April 26 at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. Stephon's invitation stated that he is one of the highest-rated players in this year's draft.
ATC Student Designs Promotional Poster
Dr. Gloria Houston, an award-winning author of children's books and an internationally known educator, will be in The White Home Gift Shop at 258 E. White Street from 2-4 pm Sunday, April 22, for a book signing. The promotional poster for this event was designed by Rickey Gist, a digital art and design student of Michelle Soto at the Applied Technology Center.
Purchases to Benefit Children in Need
Nishie G's Cafe at 706 Mt. Gallant Road will host a "Cheer for Children Spirit Night" from 4-8 pm on Tuesday, April 17 (eat in or take out). "Cheer for Children," a well-known local program which helps hundreds of children in need, will get 15% of each purchase.
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- Purple Regiment Band Wins Award
- Mr. Wells Last Concert
- Rock Hill School District Changing Apple Card Use ...
- Rock Hill High's Virtual Enterprise Wins Awards
- What Education Leadership Looks Like
- The Energy in Sugar
- 3 Notes on Education Leadership
- Where Did Ye Come From?
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, Apri...
- Classroom Without Walls
- When Will We Come Out of The Dark Ages?
- South Pointe's SPIN Does It Again!
- News Update On Education Reform
- Rock Hill Schools April Business Meeting Notes
- Should We Start A Chapter Here?
- Wellness Policy - Administrative Rule - Programs
- Old School Coach
- South Pointe to be on My School Rocks!
- Rock Hill Schools Business Meeting This Monday
- Week of the Young Child Kick-Off
- Rock Hill High School JAG Brings Home Awards
- Walking on Egg Shells
- Input Needed For Rock Hill Schools Wellness Policy...
- Rock Hill School District News For Monday, April 1...
- A Vision For Wellness and Education
- Tells Us Your Experience With School/Parent Commun...
- Science Getting You In Trouble
- Not Happening At Your School? Talk To Your Princip...
- Rock Hill School News For Thursday, April 12, 2012...
- Northwestern High School Fundraiser This Saturday
- Rock Hill School Board April Work Session Notes
- The Good Stuff - Scheiss Weekly
- Stuff Parents Say to Teachers
- South Pointe High School's Denise Khaalid on WBTV
- Stuff Students Say to Teachers
- Rock Hill One of 8 Best Charlotte Suburbs
- South Pointe High School's Denise Khalid on WRHI's...
- Potential High School Grading Changes On Monday's ...
- Simple Ideas Leading to Discoveries
- Homework Helps Performance
- Finley Road Has Talent!
- Zais - Doesn't Play Well With Others!
- What Might Be In Your Hamburger
- Public Schools Matter
- Home Made Lava Lamp
- ▼ April (45)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies