- Club 65 - This is the new pass for seniors age 65 and older. It is now available in Information Services in the district office. However, old "Gold Club" cards can be exchanged for the new Club 65 card at high school football games.
- VIP - These passes are issued to retirees, Teachers of the Year, and to a few others who do something really special for the district and who are not paid for their services. These cards are to be accepted at all district-sponsored performances and athletic events.
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, August 22, 2012
From Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
Congratulations to . . .
Julie Marshall, recipient of the California Casualty Award for Teaching Excellence. Dr. Marshall, a teacher interventionist and literacy coach at Rosewood Elementary, will be honored along with 37 other national awardees at the NEA Foundation's Salute to Excellence in Education Gala in Washington, DC, on February 8. At the conclusion of the gala, one finalist will be honored as the nation's top educator and receive $25,000. Good luck to Julie, who by the way, was the District Teacher of the Year in 2010-11 and a state teacher of the year finalist.
Saturn Educational Leadership Academy
Beginning in October, Winthrop University will offer the "Saturn" Educational Leadership Academy for teachers in York County to participate in a cohort of prospective education leaders.
Parent boosters for the Rock Hill High Band of Distinction will host a BBQ fundraiser on Friday, Aug. 24, and Saturday, Aug. 25, at Hopewell Presbyterian Church on S. Anderson Road.
American Presidential Experience
The American Presidential Experience, the largest traveling exhibit of presidential icons in the nation, will be in Charlotte August 31-Sept. 8. The exhibit is made up of more than 35 non-partisan exhibits, including a replica of Air Force One, the Oval Office, the Presidential Limousine, and First Ladies' gowns. This exhibit is being promoted as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for educators to attend with their families or take their students on a field trip. For more information, go to www.presidentialexperience.com or call 202.841-2344.
The district will, again this year, offer a Lecture Series. The first presentation will be held on Thursday, Sept. 27, at South Pointe High. The topic will be on Teaching in China, and the presenters will be many of the 40 teachers and 4 administrators who taught in China this summer.
District employees need to be informed about what's happening in the district, so please check out the district's website (www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us) and Facebook page often and notice the special tabs on our website. The iRock tab, for example, has information added as questions arise about this new initiative. In addition, employees are welcome to attend school board work sessions and meetings. The next business meeting of the board will be at 6 p.m. Monday, August 27, in the district office.
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- Cover Girl - Denise Khaalid
- Online Learning - The Future of Education?
- Will Technology Engage Students?
- Example of Using IPAD in the Classroom
- Home School Video Looks A Lot Like Project Based S...
- Notes From Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting...
- Why Public Education?
- Rock Hill Teachers - Should You Ignor the IPADS
- History of Time
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting on Monday...
- More Tips For Technology Implementation
- Should We Benchmark These Schools?
- Rock Hill School Board Member on Wednesday's Strai...
- Comments on Our Race To The Top Grant Application
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, Augu...
- Lesslie, Old Pointe, and Sunset Park Elementary Sc...
- 1995 Students
- It's Bar-B-Que Time!
- Does Public Education Cost Too Much?
- A Teachers Experience on How Public Schools Have C...
- The New Learner
- It's More Than Snakes!
- Tips For Teachers on Building a Social Platform
- Jeff Venables - Rock Hill School District Teacher ...
- Dr. Moody Talking About IPADS on Palmetto Mornings...
- Good Classroom Tips For IPADS
- Rock Hill Schools Update For Thursday, August 16, ...
- Are You Ready For Some Football?
- Project Based Learning For Rock Hill Schools?
- A Welcome Back Video for Teachers
- Rock Hill School Board Work Session Notes
- How Do They Jump So High?
- I Wonder????
- How Many of Your Principals Are Doing This?
- Belleview Parents Now Have Additional Options
- Rock Hill Response To Accountability Ratings
- Rock Hill School Board August Work Session on Mond...
- Shoes For Deserving Children
- Help Educators With Twitter
- Using Science to Trick a Friend
- Rock Hill Senior Citizen Passes For School Distric...
- Connected Learning - A Discussion
- Every Child Deserves a Shot - August 11, 2012
- What a 1 to 1 Learning School Looks Like
- Chris Smith on Straight Talk
- An Education Discussion Article
- An Interesting Discussion on Education
- Neat Way to Conference Call
- ▼ August (48)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies