Thursday, August 16, 2012
Rock Hill Schools Update For Thursday, August 16, 2012
From Elaine T. Baker, Director of Information Services, Rock Hill Schools
The back-to-school staff development meeting for administrators and certified staff will be held in the South Pointe Auditorium, Friday morning, August 17, beginning promptly at 9:00.
The Teacher-of-the-Year will be announced at a Banquet on Thursday, August 16, 2012, in The Palmetto Room in downtown Rock Hill.
School Supply Event Serves 1,450
The school supply drive and the August 11 distribution event have now passed, but there are literally hundreds of people to thank: Samaritan's Feet; the staff of the Colgate Dental Bus; citizens and businesses which contributed money and supplies and even "stuffed a school bus;" Oakland Baptist Ministry Center; the Herald newspaper which diligently promoted the program; volunteers from 15 area churches and many district volunteers. Event organizer, Serena Williams, stated: "With the help of our wonderful staff and community volunteers, we prepared a whopping 1,420 children for school in just five hours. All have new socks, shoes, and backpacks filled with supplies. August 11 was simply an incredible day!"
School Board Candidates
Candidates for the Nov. 6 election are incumbents Walter Brown, Mildred Douglas, and Ann Reid (all unopposed) and Wayne Wingate, Dan Ballou, Terry Hutchinson, and Tyrie Rowell for the one at-large seat currently held by Board Chair Bob Norwood. (Mr. Norwood announced back in the spring that he would not seek re-election.)
The back-to-school prayer rally, co-sponsored by the City of Rock Hill, the district and other local businesses or agencies, will be held from 6:00-7:00 Sunday evening, August 19, in the Old Town (City Hall) Amphitheater on E. Black Street.
School Buses to Take Trial Runs
School begins on Wednesday, August 22. However, a number of the district's "yellow" buses will be traveling various routes on Monday, August 20, to check bus stops, determine how much longer new routes will take, and provide training for new drivers.
Sullivan Middle: There's an app for that!
Michael Waiksnis, principal at Sullivan Middle, has announced a new partnership with Schoolinfo APP for the new school year to bring Falcon families and fans the SullivanSchoolinfoAPP for iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The app is free and can be found in the Apple App Store and Google Play. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, visit www.TeamInfoAPP.com/sponsor.
- ► 2014 (65)
- ► 2013 (158)
- Cover Girl - Denise Khaalid
- Online Learning - The Future of Education?
- Will Technology Engage Students?
- Example of Using IPAD in the Classroom
- Home School Video Looks A Lot Like Project Based S...
- Notes From Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting...
- Why Public Education?
- Rock Hill Teachers - Should You Ignor the IPADS
- History of Time
- Rock Hill School Board Business Meeting on Monday...
- More Tips For Technology Implementation
- Should We Benchmark These Schools?
- Rock Hill School Board Member on Wednesday's Strai...
- Comments on Our Race To The Top Grant Application
- Rock Hill School District News For Wednesday, Augu...
- Lesslie, Old Pointe, and Sunset Park Elementary Sc...
- 1995 Students
- It's Bar-B-Que Time!
- Does Public Education Cost Too Much?
- A Teachers Experience on How Public Schools Have C...
- The New Learner
- It's More Than Snakes!
- Tips For Teachers on Building a Social Platform
- Jeff Venables - Rock Hill School District Teacher ...
- Dr. Moody Talking About IPADS on Palmetto Mornings...
- Good Classroom Tips For IPADS
- Rock Hill Schools Update For Thursday, August 16, ...
- Are You Ready For Some Football?
- Project Based Learning For Rock Hill Schools?
- A Welcome Back Video for Teachers
- Rock Hill School Board Work Session Notes
- How Do They Jump So High?
- I Wonder????
- How Many of Your Principals Are Doing This?
- Belleview Parents Now Have Additional Options
- Rock Hill Response To Accountability Ratings
- Rock Hill School Board August Work Session on Mond...
- Shoes For Deserving Children
- Help Educators With Twitter
- Using Science to Trick a Friend
- Rock Hill Senior Citizen Passes For School Distric...
- Connected Learning - A Discussion
- Every Child Deserves a Shot - August 11, 2012
- What a 1 to 1 Learning School Looks Like
- Chris Smith on Straight Talk
- An Education Discussion Article
- An Interesting Discussion on Education
- Neat Way to Conference Call
- ▼ August (48)
- ► 2011 (491)
- ► 2010 (384)
- ► 2009 (326)
- ► 2008 (406)
Links of Interest
- South Carolina High School Sports Network
- South Carolina Labor Information
- South Carolina Information Highway
- Top 100 Blogs
- Historical SC Revenue Information
- Free Credit Report
- World Clock
- Rock Hill School District Foundation
- SC Family Friendly Standards
- SC Laws Concerning Education
- South Carolina School Improvement Council
- District 3 2007 AYP Results
- Safe Routes To School
- Get Any 2000 Census Information
- 2006 District 3 Report Cards
- District Three Jobs Available
- Grants for Education
- Donors Choose School Project Fund Site
- District Three Policies