My additions to her notes are below:
- Dr. Julie Marshall is the first South Carolina Teacher to be recognized by the Horace Mann.
- Student enrollment went down and saw limited growth the last few years primarily because of the start-up of our local state charter, YPA. Area student growth continues to be fairly consistent at 2% per year.
- The state of South Carolina has no initiative from the state department of education to allow ebooks instead of hard copy books. One of very few states without such an initiative at the state level.
- Alan November will be one of the speakers for the student engagement conference on October 26. Check him out in the video below (click here for the link):
- The city of Rock Hill is partnering with our district on project based learning. The video below was submitted with a recent grant request:
The Innovation Equation Leveraging the Talents of Children to Solve Community Problems from Christopher Smith on Vimeo.
Click here for a link to the video.